How to enter the MIRC Small Boats Head
- All entries must be via BROE. No entries will be accepted via telephone or e-mail
- Racing in four divisions under British Rowing Rules of Racing and the RowSafe Code.
The Head will be run under the new competition framework.
Senior events will be split into bands containing, so much as it is practicable to do so, competitors of similar ranking index, using either individual ranking points or crew ranking points as appropriate. Any banding will be clearly indicated on the start order. Based on our expected entries it is likely that the Senior events may be split into Beginner and Intermediate events subject to sufficient entries being received to make up an event.
Masters and Juniors
Masters events will continue to be run in age groups and the conventional handicapping system will apply if different age bands are grouped together. Masters crews may be moved to the appropriate senior category in the event of insufficient entries. Please state at time of entry if you do not wish to race senior.
Junior events will continue to be run in age bands as normal.
- Crews can be entered in any of the 4 Divisions. However, the same crew cannot be entered more than once at the same status.
- Where a club enters more than one crew in the same event each crew must be prioritised. A for the crew of highest priority, B for the next and so on.
- Composite crews and Mixed Masters Doubles are acceptable.
- Divisions will be limited to 50 crews per Division.
- Masters events may be subject to handicap covering 3 categories. If that still does not produce an event the organisers may offer a crew the opportunity to race at a lower status in order to create an event.
- If a Division is oversubscribed crews will offered an alternative Division if possible.
- In the event of oversubscription, single entry events that cannot be grouped (Masters by handicap) will be declined first. If further reduction is required then crews of the lowest priority will be declined next. The organisers shall make the final decision on crew entry.
- Payment is by cheque only made payable to MIRC and sent to T Saunders, Entries Secretary Maidstone Invicta Rowing Club, James Whatman Way, Maidstone, Kent. ME14 1LQ . Entry fee is £12/seat (coxes excluded) and must be received prior to the draw. A deposit of £5 is required for the Empacher number which is issued at registration. No crew will be allowed to race unless all fees due have been paid.
- If the Head has to be cancelled at the last minute due to conditions beyond the organisers control and costs have already been incurred the organisers may deduct up to 20% from any refunds.
- Medals will be issued to crews where two or more have raced in an event.